This glorious 200-square-meter five-star (*****) chalet (rating accredited by the Alpe d’Huez tourism board) features 7 bedrooms with 8 baths (7 ensuite) accommodating 14 guests. Renovated in 2013-14 with the highest quality Alpine materials, Les Carines is nestled at an altitude of 1900m on the slopes of one of the Alps’ most spectacular ski resorts, l’Alpe d’Huez. The trails are but a three-minute walk away and you can ski your way back home–no need for a car or shuttle. In the summer, cycling (the climb up to l’Alpe d’Huez is one of the Tour de France’s most legendary challenges), horseback riding, tennis, golf, swimming, and an infinite array of hiking and mountain climbing trails are among the countless activities at your fingertips. Winter or summer, Les Carines boasts breathtaking views of one of the world’s most spectacular mountain ranges.
- Bedrooms 1,2, 3, and 4
Each bedroom features 2 twin beds and an ensuite bathroom equipped with a shower, sink, and WC. Bedrooms 1 and 2 offer direct access onto a balcony overlooking a babbling brook with views of the Grandes Rousses while bedroom 4 features access to a west-facing balcony.
Sauna with a capacity of 6 people with its ensuite bathroom equipped with a shower, sink, and WC.
The main floor is a large open plan living space with exposures to the east facing the Grandes Rousses from the kitchen and south/southwest from the living room and dining room areas. Wood paneling, woodwork, and antiques–pervasive throughout the chalet–create a warm and inviting ambience. The large east- and west-facing windows and doors bathe the rooms with abundant sunshine.
The ski-boot drying rack is located in the entrance to the chalet.
Facing east with a stunning view of the Grandes Rousses mountain chain, the state-of-the art galley kitchen is separated from the dining room by a bar-like structure.
- Dining Area
The dining area comfortably seats 16 at two tables which can be easily joined together or separated.
- Living Room
Off the dining room area sits a cozy living room featuring wraparound seating, poufs, and a massive antique wood coffee table facing a wood-and-stone fireplace where a roaring fire will warm you both in the late afternoon and evening after a long day out on the slopes. The living room area also features a large flat screen TV, Blu Ray DVD & CD player, Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speaker, and WIFI free internet access.
You can curl up on the sofa with a book in the small nook facing east with direct access to the wraparound terrace.
- Powder room (sink and WC)
- Master bedroom
With its own ensuite bathroom (with a Jacuzzi bathtub) and its separate WC, the master bedroom features 2 twin beds and 3 closets including a walk-in closet. It has access to its own private balcony facing west.
- Bedrooms 6 and 7
Facing east are 2 charming bedrooms featuring a slanted roof that will bring you back into the world of Heidi. The rooms have twin double beds and their own separate ensuite bathrooms equipped with a shower, sink, and WC. They have shared access to a large balcony overlooking the lovely brook and the Grandes Rousses.
- To the side of the chalet is the indoor garage also used for ski storage (rack).
An 11-Room Chalet with Multiple Amenities
- State-of-the-art open plan kitchen with panoramic view of Alpine mountain range
- Living room and adjoining dining area
- Wraparound terrace & 4 balconies with panoramic views of the Alps
- 1 Master bedroom with ensuite bath featuring jacuzzi and separate WC
- 6 double rooms each with ensuite bath including shower, sink, and WC
- Sauna with ensuite bath including shower, sink, and WC
- Powder room
- Bathrooms each equipped with a hair dryer
- Central gas heating
- Wood-burning fireplace (living room)
- Ski boot dryer
- Indoor one-car garage featuring ski storage rack
- Washing machine and dryer
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Ironing board
- Linens (sheets and towels)
Kitchen features–Built in 2014, fully equipped with state-0f-the-art amenities including:
- Self-cleaning wall oven
- Induction cooktop
- Bottom-freezer refrigerator
- Coffee maker
- Electric raclette maker
- Electric fondue maker
- Electric garbage disposal
- Flat Screen HDTV
- Blu Ray DVD
- Bose Bluetooth Speaker
- Folding cot
- High chair
- Garden: A private 800-square-meter oasis facing mountain stream
- Deck chairs
- Outdoor dining table and chairs (summer only)
- Private outdoor on-site parking for 3-4 cars